Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma/GED required; minimum 3 years related experience required; clear background check & driving record
We are seeking hourly and part time community Job Coaches for morning, afternoon and weekend shifts, who will support adults and high school students with disabilities in community employment. Program participants are employed by local businesses and companies and the Job Coach gives support at the job site by assisting in their training and work coaching. We work with businesses and schools throughout Orange, Alamance and Durham Counties. Applicants should have a degree or previous experience working with people with disabilities. A valid driver's license and reliable, insured vehicle is required. Good pay and mileage reimbursement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Train consumers to perform job tasks using appropriate methodology including task analysis, prompting, fading, etc.
- Act as positive role model at all times
- Manage crisis situations
- Develop training activities appropriate for consumer that will develop new skills
- Assist consumers in developing and implementing goals
- Complete all necessary documentation
- Assure all regulations are met
- Communicate regularly with internal staff to assure progress
- Assure work environment meets safety standards
- Assure consumers’ safety and health
- Assure use of all needed assistive technology and accommodations
- Assure consumers are meeting all quality standards in a timely manner
- Assure work environment is set up to maintain maximum efficiency and accuracy
- Participate in meetings with caregivers, other agencies, OE leadership and any other appropriate individuals
- Assist with transportation needs of consumers
- Advocate for consumer
- Able to work standing for up to 8 hrs. Able to lift & carry 25 lbs.
- Able to work under varying climatic conditions, indoors or outdoors, in cold or heat.
OE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com