POSITION: SCD Custodial Supervisor (non-exempt)
SUPERVISED BY: Assistant Director of Service Contract Division
POSITONS SUPERVISED: SCD Custodial Employees
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION: High School diploma or GED. Two-year experience in janitorial industry. Possession of a valid NC Drivers License. Supervisory experience preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises custodial work assignments in general office cleaning, window washing, sweeping and vacuuming, floor waxing and trash disposal, restroom sanitation, and upholstery and window covering cleaning with the use of both in-house staff and contractual effort.
- Plans and schedules and coordinates schedules and work assignments for OE employees; develops and implements performance standards and custodial procedures.
- Monitors work completion and performance by contractors and approve payments.
- Performs inspections; evaluates and monitors work by in-house contract staff for satisfactory completion; investigates, responds to and resolves complaints related to custodial services.
- Participates in budget preparation and administration; prepares cost estimates for budget recommendations; submits justifications for needed equipment, materials and personnel; monitors and controls expenditures.
- Selects, trains, assigns, supervises, evaluates and disciplines custodial staff.
- Trains personnel in work techniques and safety procedures including handling of hazardous materials/wastes and compliance with codes and regulations.
- Orders materials and supplies as necessary
- Performs related duties and responsibilities as required
- Assures maintenance of mechanical cleaning equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of modern janitorial methods, materials, and equipment; principles of sanitation and safety in janitorial work; proper use and care of mechanical cleaning equipment.
- Ability to operate assigned equipment
- Knowledge of occupational hazard elimination and standard safety precautions necessary in the workplace, or ability to learn same
- Ability to supervise the work of others, training and monitor work of building service personnel and contractors
- Ability to make sound decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Ability to maintain necessary records
- Ability to maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties which includes walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have ability to lift 50 lbs. and carry to dumpster outside of building. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. into dumpster. Able to work on feet for entire work period, typically 5 hours.