To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/1/2017. The position is opened until filled and may be hired prior to 12/1/2017.
Summary: The Employment Services Lead works closely with persons served and other members of support team to develop individual employment plans and provide career path opportunities. This position will coordinate and supervise the Community Based Assessment Program in Orange and Durham Counties. This position serves as an advocate for persons with disabilities and assures quality services through efficient and effective use of direct service staff. Provides daily oversight for program & assures individual and program goals are met.
- Receive referrals in order to evaluate services needed and eligibility for services.
- Coordinate and supervise Community Based Assessment (CBA) process and all vocational evaluation. Identify an individual’s strengths, skills, resources and potential barriers to employment. Provide opportunities for individuals in career exploration, vocational training and the attainment of new or additional employment skills. Prioritize the interests and goals of the individual when determining which work site(s) an individual will complete their assessment
- Assess CBA referrals as requested by VR and write required report within deadline.
- Supervise job coaches involved in skills assessment and support of clients
- Work with employers to utilize individuals with disabilities in the employment setting by offering supervised training. Provide guidance and feedback to the individual throughout the assessment.
- Coordinate admission with client, Vocational Rehabilitation, OE Enterprises admission committee.
- Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with affiliate agencies including but not limited to Vocational Rehabilitation, School Systems, MCOs, residential providers, and DSS.
- Monitor and record clients' progress in order to ensure that goals and objectives are met.
- Work with employers/businesses to remove employment barriers and resolve issues related to community integration and independence for people with disabilities;
- Identify barriers to employment & work w/individuals & support team to develop strategies.
- Maintain close contact with clients during job training and placements, in order to resolve problems and evaluate placement adequacy.
- Work with team to implement and monitor behavior intervention guidelines; address immediate behavior, medical, or vocational problems.
- Maintain careful written records and documentation of all information and actions taken on behalf of individual served, ensuring records meet all required standards.
- Participate as member of the Quality Assurance Committee, Placement Meeting, Transportation, and OE Enterprises Admissions/Discharge Committee as assigned.
- Manages personnel by interviewing, hiring, evaluating, and supervising. Provides effective and efficient scheduling of staff to meet the needs and goals of individuals supported
- Utilize and understand state VR business management system (BEAM) to enter individual progress to submit payments for achieved outcomes.
- Utilize SETWORKS for required charting and billing.
- Provide job development services and job coaching and vocational training services as needed or required.
- Submit new enrollments and authorizations for services funded through MCOs.
- Assure monitoring and documentation of each person's progress by developing and maintaining tracking and progress reports in a professional and timely manner as it pertains to the person's employment, individual plans, and billing requirements.
- Able to work standing for an 8 hour shift.
- Able to work under varying climatic conditions, indoors or outdoors, in cold or heat.
- Able to lift and carry a 50 lb. parcel across a large warehouse.
Employment Requirements and Skills:
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks with a high attention to detail
- Knowledge of sales, customer service and computer systems, MS Word and Excel a plus.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible
- Certification in CPR/First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, NCIA, Cultural Diversity, Core Competencies, Valid Driver’s License required, Acceptable criminal background check, driving record, drug test, healthcare registry check required, Effective communication skills
OE is an Equal Opportunity Employer