Location: Burlington, NC/Alamance County
Supervised by: Program Manager Transition Services
Positions Supervised: None
Minimum Qualifications: AA or BA required. Experience working in a public school environment; job coaching/job development experience. Individual must be highly motivated and able to work without direct on-site supervision. Excellent computer skills with a strong background in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing; experience with students/adults with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have clear background check & driving record; requires verification of immunizations or receipt of required immunizations
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/12/18. The position is opened until filled and may be hired prior to 2/12/18.
The Project SEARCH Skills Trainer assists students with disabilities as a job coach. This position facilitates training in internship rotations at the host site and/or competitive employment sites. The host site is Alamance Regional Medical Center. Excellent communication skills, flexibility, and the ability to work as part of a team are required. Work collaboratively with Alamance Regional Medical Center personnel, Alamance Burlington School System representatives, and Vocational Rehabilitation staff. Use of reliable transportation required; mileage will be reimbursed.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides individualized support for intern during the internship rotation in order for the intern to acquire competitive and marketable skills. This could include: Systematic Instruction to teach and break down tasks, building natural supports, developing accommodations, identifying appropriate assistive technology, etc.
- Communicates effectively with Project SEARCH Instructor, other skills trainers, internship department managers /mentors, co-workers, family members, and school and agency personnel as it relates to the student being trained.
- Perform specific task analysis, especially when student is challenged to learn and perform tasks to a productive and quality level.
- Assist with completing the Vocational Fit Assessment to determine the abilities of the intern, the demands of the internship tasks and assist the team to make meaningful matches.
- Carries out steps of job coaching plan with students and other parties as appropriate.
- Work with consumers, employers, families, job placement specialist, agency personnel, affiliate school personnel and other appropriate parties to problem solve issues related to training and employment.
- Practice positive reinforcement techniques with students, co-workers, and other staff.
- Trains students in the areas of grooming, hygiene, communication, interviewing, and behavior as they relate to successful employment.
- Provides travel training to the host business and job site when necessary.
- Communicates with Project SEARCH instructor to make final decisions regarding any issues that may affect student success at an internship or competitive job site. These decisions may be related to continued skills training, fading, behavior, job tasks, etc.
- Attends training to become knowledgeable of strategies and current “best practices” in the field of supported employment.
- Participates in decision making process to identify and implement training strategies and/or services with other Project SEARCH staff and host business staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
KEY RESULT AREA: Responsible for performing those duties and activities that are conducive for an effective and efficient daily operation.
- Adheres to and promotes standards of the host business and/or competitive work site in order to promote performance, productivity, quality and efficiency.
- Submits and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Recognizes and acts concerning the safety and welfare of the consumers.
- Demonstrates daily work assignment responsibilities: is accountable for all hours assigned, is punctual and regular in attendance, and attends appropriate training activities.
KEY RESULT AREA: Responsible for personal characteristics necessary to develop attributes consistent with the educational community.
- Participates in professional growth activities such as conferences, in-services, etc.
- Is an effective role model.
- Shows enthusiasm and a sense of humor.
- Exhibits an overall positive attitude.
- Utilizes sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Uses Standard English in oral and written communication.
- Works as a productive team member with the instructor, families, affiliate school and all agency personnel as well as other stakeholders.
- Is adaptable in dealing with individual and cultural differences.
- Protects the privacy of individuals and the confidentiality of information unless disclosure services a professional purpose or is required by law.
- Avoids action that could result in conflicts of interest.
- Able to work standing for an 8 hr. shift. Able to lift & carry 25 lbs.
- Able to work under varying climatic conditions, indoors or outdoors, in cold or heat.
OE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com