POSITION: Transition Coach - School and Community
LOCATION: Orange and Durham Counties
QUALIFICATION: AA or BA required. Experience working in a public school environment. Individual must be highly motivated and able to work without direct on-site supervision. Excellent computer skills with a strong background in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing. Minimum three years related experience required; experience with students/adults with developmental disabilities preferred. Must have clear background check & driving record.
Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 07/03/17. The position is opened until filled and may be hired prior to 07/03/2017.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with students, teachers, school teams and caregivers to identify transition planning needs, develop individual transition.
- Work with school staff and network with local businesses to develop community-based training and school and work-based learning opportunities based on student’s identified interests and needs for job exploration.
- Assist students in completing career portfolios.
- Conduct vocational and transition related assessments for students.
- Assist students in exploring learning and career research and identify necessary training and/or education required.
- Assist students in securing employment, as appropriate.
- Assist in developing and supporting a Peer Mentor program.
- Assist students in the identification of local colleges and post-high school programs that have strong systems of support for students with disabilities or who may be at risk.
- Provide classroom and individualized activities related to job exploration; job club; transitions after high school; job readiness, socialization, safety, travel training, self-help skills, functional academics, self-advocacy and interview skills.
- Assist families and students in identifying and accessing transition services.
- Support students in exploring post-secondary training options.
- Provide coaching for students placed in community employment.
- Lead job-related classes including self-advocacy/self-determination.
- Assist in the development of goals; maintain documentation of goals, strategies, and progress for all students.
- Utilize effective job coaching techniques including task analysis, prompts, and fading.
- Provide follow-up and support services as needed.
- Act as positive role model at all times.
- Assist in arrangements of transportation for students through the local school systems.
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Manage crisis situations.
- Participate in program evaluation and revise programs as required.
- Assist with the implementation of transition plans, which result from the IEP meetings.
- Participate in or conduct meetings with parents regarding transition or employment.
- Assure all regulations are met.
- Represent the transition project to the public as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Able to work standing for an 8 hour shift.
- Able to sit for up to an 8 hour shift.
- Able to work under varying climatic conditions, indoors or outdoors, in cold or heat.
- Able to lift and carry a 50 lb. parcel across a large warehouse.
OE is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org